Things I Need in Patreon

General discussion about Sacrament.
Armour

Things I Need in Patreon

Postby Armour » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:45 pm

First I would like to say the purpose of this post is to suggest and pull, like teeth if we have to, more information from the founders about the Patreon system they are planning on instituting.

1. A cumulative system. Have tiers that can be reached by the full sum of your total support.
Example: I donate a 100 each month, so after a year my support is $1200 and that opens up a rewards for said amount. If I continue my support and reach $2000 I will also receive that reward tier.)

2. DAMN GOOD REWARDS! I signed up for the alluring life time subscription and signed art work. That to me was awesome and completely fair for that price. I would love to name an NPC also!

3. VIP treatment. I already feel like a VIP, so I guess I am just saying keep up the great work!

4. A chance to do a raid or pvp with the founders before alpha launch. This would totally destroy any other Patreon model.

5. Name Reservation! Offer a chance to secure an ingame-name or even a guild name.

6. Something even more awesomeer.

This is my wish list. Everyone should post one! Remember to keep it feasible and open to discussion. If you think I should be asking for more or less let me know.
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Re: Things I Need in Patreon

Postby Layenem » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:19 pm

1. In the plans.

2. This is the hard part. We'll release our rewards list but we have no clue what the hell you guys want. Honestly. So TELL US AND WE'LL MANIPULATE THE REWARDS AS WE GO!!! (We want to reward you with what you want but none of us ever pay attention to rewards because we only ever donate to donate and as long as we get the game we're happy hahahah)

3. VIP treatment incoming. Let's be honest... YOU'RE HELPING US MAKE THE GAME! YOU ARE A PART OF THE TEAM!

4. I can see a raid ordeal happening... I'll even mix it up! I'll setup a dollar amount where I'll challenge everyone who has made that dollar amount to a raid where MY TEAM RUNS THE MOBS AND BOSSES... and I'll be the final boss! (We'll see if you have what it takes to fuck me up! ... I don't PvP but I'd do this *grin*)

5. Already in the plans! (HUGE must for us. Hell we're even going to give you the character creator tool before launch so you can reserve your name AND upload your character model before launch so you can get into the game ASAP!)

6. Yeah. Tell me about it lol

I'll put together a list of CURRENT REWARDS so we can show you what we're looking at. We absolutely 100% understand that the list as it is is not great. So. Help us make it great for YOU! (I mean all of you fuckers reading this, not just Armour hehe)
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
Armour

Postby Armour » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:53 pm

After browsing a few other games I came up with this list.
What do you guys think?

*all tiers include previous tier rewards.

Player Patreon
$10 - Patreon Forums Access
$50 - beta and 1 copy of game
$100 - 2 game copies
$250 - alpha access, vanity vouchers, 6mth sub.
$500 - 1yr sub, digital art and lore, raid event in alpha with founders.
$1,000 - lifetime sub, printed framed signed artwork, ingame title.
$5,000 - quest chain, npc name(lore restricted), ingame title.
$10,000 - ingame item design and name(lore restricted), ingame title.

Guild Patreon
$1,000 - Guild premade with ingame guild acknowledgement(a stone with engraved names of all the guilds that helped with patreon),  10 copies of the game, limited beta access.
$2,500 - Special Guild banner customization options, 25 copies of the game, limited alpha access.
$5,000 - Guild banner hanging in a war hall ingame(lore restricted, may be destroyed in an expansion) 50 copies of the game.
$10,000 - Guild monument in game (lore restricted, may be destroyed in an expansion) 100 copies of the game.
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Armour wrote:After browsing a few other games I came up with this list.
What do you guys think?

*all tiers include previous tier rewards.

Player Patreon
$10 - Patreon Forums Access
$50 - beta and 1 copy of game
$100 - 2 game copies
$250 - alpha access, vanity vouchers, 6mth sub.
$500 - 1yr sub, digital art and lore, raid event in alpha with founders.
$1,000 - lifetime sub, printed framed signed artwork, ingame title.
$5,000 - quest chain, npc name(lore restricted), ingame title.
$10,000 - ingame item design and name(lore restricted), ingame title.

Guild Patreon
$1,000 - Guild premade with ingame guild acknowledgement(a stone with engraved names of all the guilds that helped with patreon),  10 copies of the game, limited beta access.
$2,500 - Special Guild banner customization options, 25 copies of the game, limited alpha access.
$5,000 - Guild banner hanging in a war hall ingame(lore restricted, may be destroyed in an expansion) 50 copies of the game.
$10,000 - Guild monument in game (lore restricted, may be destroyed in an expansion) 100 copies of the game.

There are a few items that we won't be providing simply due to how our game is setup. For instance, through the creator system you'll be able to manipulate some aspects of items to design your own item.

Honestly, the raid event with Founders will have to be increased simply because if we have, over the 4 year life of the creation of this game, even only 1,000 players contribute $500 (not that difficult to do) is going to DESTROY the Founders hahahaha

As far as alpha/beta access we discussed this and we generally agree that we don't want to limit any access to anyone but instead we're more than willing to provide priority log ins for those events/phases.

I'll get the list we currently have up tomorrow. I've just been excessively busy with communicating with modelers and coders about coming into the team and helping create this beast.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:51 pm

Just so everyone watching this thread is aware:

We are finalizing our "First Copy" (it will be edited according to YOUR DESIRES - so long as it is justifiable, obviously) of our Patreon Reward Tiers and I will present them to you when we have that finished.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

Hudika

Postby Hudika » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

once again, I need to ask some questions, for my better understanding:

1) patreon system has nothing to do with any kickstarter event, correct?

2) if I chose to participate with that patreon system, how does the account thing work?
I would have one forum account and another account as patreon somewhere else? On an extra
homepage? How does that work? I am not wondering how you will make a connection between
both accounts (as Lay wrote, you need to figure that out yet), just would like to know for example:
two different accounts on two different homepages?

3) if I chose to start e.g. with a monthly donation of 10$, after 5 months, I am worth the 50$ reward, correct?
And if after 5 months, I have some money left that I can further donate, and give you e.g. 200$, that will also
be accumulative to those 50$ ? So then I would be worth the rewards for 250$ donation?
Could you also do donation e.g. once 100$ and a couple of months later another 150 $ and then get rewards worth the 250$ ?

4) when do you plan to start this patreon system?

I will surely have more questions, but for now thats all :roll:
Hudika

Postby Hudika » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:47 pm

ok, just re-read that you will start patreon system soon after KS is over, so forget question 4)
:roll:
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Hudika wrote:once again, I need to ask some questions, for my better understanding:

1) patreon system has nothing to do with any kickstarter event, correct?

2) if I chose to participate with that patreon system, how does the account thing work?
I would have one forum account and another account as patreon somewhere else? On an extra
homepage? How does that work? I am not wondering how you will make a connection between
both accounts (as Lay wrote, you need to figure that out yet), just would like to know for example:
two different accounts on two different homepages?

3) if I chose to start e.g. with a monthly donation of 10$, after 5 months, I am worth the 50$ reward, correct?
And if after 5 months, I have some money left that I can further donate, and give you e.g. 200$, that will also
be accumulative to those 50$ ? So then I would be worth the rewards for 250$ donation?
Could you also do donation e.g. once 100$ and a couple of months later another 150 $ and then get rewards worth the 250$ ?

4) when do you plan to start this patreon system?

I will surely have more questions, but for now thats all :roll:

1) Correct. They are different entities. Think of Patreon as a "long running KickStarter" except you get the money when it is pledged and not at the "end" of it (if the KS is successful)

2) So with the Patreon we have the account and you would simply contribute (I recommend through PayPal). You don't need a Patreon account at all. Only we do. (If this doesn't answer the question let me know.)

3) Absolutely correct. You can change your donation amounts per month and/or donate extra amounts as a "one time" whenever you'd like.

4) After KS but not before we figure out a system in tracking the data. We have a few things we're looking at but we're likely going to need to create (program) a system that will allow us to automatically do this. (This is going to get fun lol)
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

Txbongo

Postby Txbongo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Once again digging up the past :D

Is there a way to get something put in to patreon that will allow us to donate X amount as a one time thing? (Still adding to our accumulated amount ofcourse)

That way if we have extra money and still have alcohol we can donate it to something that matters
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Txbongo wrote:Once again digging up the past :D

Is there a way to get something put in to patreon that will allow us to donate X amount as a one time thing? (Still adding to our accumulated amount ofcourse)

That way if we have extra money and still have alcohol we can donate it to something that matters

As far as I'm aware Patreon does allow you to donate a one-time amount any time you like. I did confirm this a few moments ago and that amount is tied to your account so it will show up on our list (we'll be adding a visible list in the future so people can see what total donation amounts are as well as tying that individual data to your account page for our website).

NOTE: We will be adjusting out of Patreon soon after the new website as that new website, being built by scratch with a very specific design for our future, will have your accounts directly tied to donations you make.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

Return to “General Discussion”