Crafting (Mainly cooking)

General discussion about Sacrament.
Txbongo

Crafting (Mainly cooking)

Postby Txbongo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:22 am

SO I know there have been many posts on this however I would like to ask something. I know the game is not like any other out there. Things will be challenging however I fear for cooking. I feel that many of the other choices to master will be very profitable and very unique however if someone can master something then choose chef to T10 like the vote suggested then the master will never be needed. There are plenty games that I can use cheap low lv food and just do fine. So how will the odd man out so to speak work? I will be choosing chef so I worry about having mastered a worthless skill. (just wording I do not feel like its worthless)

Also sense there is a lawless zone will there be food that can harm others. Maybe I am traveling threw a place where known PKers are. Can I load up on food that seems normal but when used harms the user. I feel this alone if the tool tip doesn't state it harms when used will make me choose just for the prank potential.
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Re: Crafting (Mainly cooking)

Postby Layenem » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Txbongo wrote:SO I know there have been many posts on this however I would like to ask something. I know the game is not like any other out there. Things will be challenging however I fear for cooking. I feel that many of the other choices to master will be very profitable and very unique however if someone can master something then choose chef to T10 like the vote suggested then the master will never be needed. There are plenty games that I can use cheap low lv food and just do fine. So how will the odd man out so to speak work? I will be choosing chef so I worry about having mastered a worthless skill. (just wording I do not feel like its worthless)

Also sense there is a lawless zone will there be food that can harm others. Maybe I am traveling threw a place where known PKers are. Can I load up on food that seems normal but when used harms the user. I feel this alone if the tool tip doesn't state it harms when used will make me choose just for the prank potential.

Two things here, grasshopper:

1) You compared us to other games in the field of balance. We're not blind devs. We're gamers. Your concern is the same as ours. A master chef will definitely have a leg up on some t10 novice IF we wind up doing a system like that at launch. For example, and don't quote me that this will be the system, let's say t10 food lasts 20 minutes and gives a .5% boost to ER values... a t20 (master chef) piece of pie gives a 2 hour buff and increases ER by 2%, critical damage and base damage increase of 5%, plus other goodies. As you can see it's very simple to create a difference but the question is going to be whether or not our raid and group content is challenging enough to demand this food in the first place. Which... we will. At that point it comes down to three important elements: testing, testing, and testing. Games don't test NOR do they have a need for half of the elements within their game... so... that's just poor development (typically what happens when you build the game's design as you go and have no clue what you're building when you start building...)

2) The PvP aspect of this is actually pretty good hahaha I'd dare say we would create that system but the quick and easy remedy will simply be "don't eat food you didn't get from someone you know" and then we created an entire system that's useless. This could be a conversation point for the future... maybe get players used to food they can pick up in other faction areas and eat and then all of a sudden it's dangerous in a patch update or something... I don't know. Definitely a conversation worth having down the road.

Hopefully that provided a little bit of insight.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard

Return to “General Discussion”