New In Game Art and Interview Questions!

General discussion about Sacrament.
Steeldeal
QA Team

New In Game Art and Interview Questions!

Postby Steeldeal » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 pm

With the recent news of Ferocity Unbound's collaboration with Hammer Forge and the release of several new screenshots of their work that can be found in the in game art, what does everyone here on the forums think so far? While the initial screenshots are a bit early from a eventual zone release, I am personally impressed with what they have done so far and cannot wait to see more.

Also, if you have any questions about the collaboration or about Hammer Forge, please reply to this thread and your question could be apart of a planned interview to discuss the collaboration. I will inform the thread once we get either a date for a video release or if we will do a twitch stream interview. Otherwise, enjoy your day and ask away!
"Even if my legs give way and I must crawl upon the earth, I would never stand down to the likes of you!" -"Lord" Uthamon, The Battle of Darkfall (WoW Order of Within RP Event)
Armour

Re: New In Game Art and Interview Questions!

Postby Armour » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:47 pm

I think it looks awesome. AS long as it stays open world and not guided tour.
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:10 am

Armour wrote:I think it looks awesome. AS long as it stays open world and not guided tour.

I'm playing a guided tour right now... that will never happen in Sacrament.

1) it's more work to create the guided tour than to let players experience the world on their own terms

2) guided tours are so BORING to most players... there are MILLIONS of gamers (more than 120 million now) and there are thousands of different play styles... forcing all of them into one play style that isn't even that popular (just assumed to be safer to build - even though marketing data suggests otherwise) is a suicide letter to the people playing

I don't know if you can tell how aggravated I am in guided tours (aka theme parks) lol
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
Steeldeal
QA Team

Postby Steeldeal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:01 am

I can agree with that. While I do enjoy a good quest line, I want the freedom to be able to go out into the world and carve out my own path and power myself up in one of many ways. Having that direct route just makes it streamline for folks to get to the end content, do the end content, call the game boring, and then proceed to leave the game for another. Rinse and repeat and that becomes the average MMORPG Gamer's cycle. The only ones that ever stay in one or two games are those that are dire hard fans and have a tremendous amount of time put into their characters. I feel that by breaking the chain and allowing players to have a unique experience each time they play with new elements popping up no matter how many times they play the game is something that should be standard, not trying to capitalize on a cycle (which at least one of newer MMORPGs out there is doing). Letting players have a unique run through by themselves or with their group will hopefully allow for some fun moments, some epic videos, and overall a idea of pushing imagination and ambition and not stupid hand holding.
"Even if my legs give way and I must crawl upon the earth, I would never stand down to the likes of you!" -"Lord" Uthamon, The Battle of Darkfall (WoW Order of Within RP Event)

Return to “General Discussion”