General art style

Discuss the artwork for Sacrament.
SawJacksoul

General art style

Postby SawJacksoul » Tue May 17, 2016 3:12 pm

I've thought it over and over and tried looking and looking but I don't seem to find anything. But I'm wondering the general like art style of the land. It's obviously very fantasy set but then there's the introduction of more futuristic devices like guns and some of the clothing I remember some of the races wear doesn't exactly seem entirely fantastical. Which implies a more steampunk style to me, more or less. So I'm wondering as to how like the settlements and even the armor and clothing will appear. Will it still be fantastical in nature? Have a more steampunk style? Mixes of both? I find it hard to imagine a city perhaps that has more steampunk touches set in a fantastical land. Also keep in mind I don't mean like full blown steampunk. Just a few touches
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Zagzeroth

Re: General art style

Postby Zagzeroth » Tue May 17, 2016 8:20 pm

In my experience having technology doesn't imply anything from fantasy, Gnomes from as far back as any fantasy setting have always build steam machines and the like, and as for the naming schemes of some of the clothing as it's described is not that article of clothing exactly, it's just a descriptor.
"But regardless it hardly mattered in the end, they would die if they tried anything, and he would likely be no worse for wear." ~ Dalaban, Dark Elven Knight-Agent
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Wed May 18, 2016 9:24 pm

SawJacksoul wrote:...but then there's the introduction of more futuristic devices like guns and some of the clothing I remember some of the races wear doesn't exactly seem entirely fantastical...

lol that moment when guns are considered "futuristic"

We blend quite a few elements. As stated Gnomes are Gnomes. They are and will always be steampunk. It's just what they are.

The rest of the world will use a bit of everything.

That said... we're talking about 10k years of history. You are in the "future" of the world, bro. Guns are archaic at this point within the world of Sacrament... FAR from "futuristic".

In order to understand what would actually be futuristic or historic you'd have to first understand the length of history and what science advancements have happened. Since our history is born INTO science, then had a massive loss of technology, then recovered some of it... you cannot consider our history (us, here in real life, aka humans) when considering Sacrament's history. It would be flawed and illogical, to say the least.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
Check
Community Team

Postby Check » Sat May 21, 2016 5:26 pm

"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" This pretty much answers any questions of what is deemed a futuristic item or not.
#DualShields

Return to “Art Discussion”