Super Boss

Talk about Sacrament's raids, share your strats, throw out ideas, etc.
SawJacksoul

Super Boss

Postby SawJacksoul » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:30 pm

I don't think mine is as creative or original as everyone else's so far as I think it's more of a traditional stage-based boss battle.

The boss room is entered with a fair sized raid party (perhaps 30 people.) There's no exit out. Victory or death are the only options. Large battle arena but not too big Battle starts fairly normally although the boss itself has considerable high attack damage and defense in the first stage. It does melee so uses a ground attack of sorts that uses AoE damage. After about 1/4 damage is dealt, onto stage 2. At this stage, the boss uses an ability that lessens everyone else's. Healers heal less, crowd control is virtually useless at this stage, tanks don't have a bunch of buffs ect.. After 1/2 its health is done onto stage 3. Keep in mind it keeps all these effects throughout the stages. For stage 3 the boss implements a range attack along with the melee to attack anyone a distance away. It also has its attack and defense stats slightly raised. And for the last stage at 1/4 health left, now everyone get ready for this shit storm. It will begin regenerating health. Not so much that if the entire party is still alive they can't still finish it off without extreme effort but if you're down to like 5 people then you're prbly fucked. It will keep healing till its killed or reaches full health again. Simple but I think would be a very difficult boss fight indeed with lots of teamwork
Last edited by SawJacksoul on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Re: Super Boss

Postby Ahdora » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:13 pm

What if those stages were, instead of just the boss randomly mixing it up, the boss itself actually morphing into a different form of himself?
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Hell throw in some player counter measure opportunities and make them pay for not using them... Like an acid tub that drops on the boss or even oil and turn this into a fire based fight during that phase ans resistant to fire outside of that phase.

You could even add in three mini bosses at each stage that each cast a buff that you've stated. The raid then needs to know which to burn, cc, tank and in what order JUST to prevent the boss from obtaining all three (or more) stacks of those phase buffs for the rest of the fight. Just some off the top ideas :)

I like the core aspect. Easily turned into a full on fight!
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:16 am

Layenem wrote:Hell throw in some player counter measure opportunities and make them pay for not using them... Like an acid tub that drops on the boss or even oil and turn this into a fire based fight during that phase ans resistant to fire outside of that phase.

You could even add in three mini bosses at each stage that each cast a buff that you've stated. The raid then needs to know which to burn, cc, tank and in what order JUST to prevent the boss from obtaining all three (or more) stacks of those phase buffs for the rest of the fight. Just some off the top ideas :)

I like the core aspect. Easily turned into a full on fight!

Well there could be mini bosses if I didn't feel the players were being raped enough lol. I also decided for its debuff stage, there are some abilities that can be effective. It's just up to the players to find out which ones. And make it easier is a good idea but I wanted this fight to be as difficult as it can right from the start
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:53 am

Don't confuse "easier" with "easy" and don't miss the opportunity to provide a raid that functions as a single unit the chance to lessen the slack, as minutely as that may be lol
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Layenem wrote:Don't confuse "easier" with "easy" and don't miss the opportunity to provide a raid that functions as a single unit the chance to lessen the slack, as minutely as that may be lol

Nah. Like I said, it's an idea but I want a battle that's as punishing that can be. Also I decided for yet another feature, for each role that isn't doing it's role (healer won't heal anyone, buffer won't buff anyone ect) the boss will deal increased damage against them until they do their role
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Ahdora wrote:What if those stages were, instead of just the boss randomly mixing it up, the boss itself actually morphing into a different form of himself?

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything

Return to “Raid Discussion”