Belly of the Beast

Talk about Sacrament's raids, share your strats, throw out ideas, etc.
Jaclau
Lore Team

Belly of the Beast

Postby Jaclau » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm

My idea starts with the raid team (24 or 36) being consumed by a monster. Each "room" (mouth, throat, stomach x2, intestines x3) is filled with acid, so the healers have to keep up the heals as you pass through each room. At the beginning of each room you can rest w/o taking damage. Each room will also have mobs of worms and paracites to kill, splats of acid to avoid. The second room in the stomach and third room in the intestines are sub boss fights. After the sub boss fight in the 3rd intestine room, you move to the anal cavity to fight the boss. If you win, you get pooped out alive. At anytime during the raid the team gets wiped, you start over from the mouth. The mobs will still be dead but the spewing acid, and poisonous gasses are still in each room.
#ChallengeIsEverything
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Re: Belly of the Beast

Postby Ahdora » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 pm

The Magic School Bus of DEATH!
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 pm

I feel like this is how my food views me lol

I like it.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
Jaclau
Lore Team

Postby Jaclau » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 am

Maybe, in order to get to the beast, you have to locate and travel to it's island. You find the information in maps and books.
#ChallengeIsEverything
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:41 am

I was thinking about this some more and had another idea.

I'm picturing that once you're eaten, the raid party has to travel down the throat to get to the next "chamber". Your throat uses peristalsis to move food, right? So you're looking down this dark, fleshy, pulsating tunnel. And since things are moving, the raid has to time its jumps just right to move downward, avoiding spots of sticky phlegm that slow movement speed, and pools of acid that deal like 50% health damage upon contact.

Furthermore, if the raid fails to move somewhat in unison (i.e., some raid members get too many "jumps" behind the rest), this sets off a reflux reaction from the beast that ate you, shooting sprays of acid upward at regular intervals until the throat is cleared. This acid must be avoided completely, as it is insta-death.
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
Jaclau
Lore Team

Postby Jaclau » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:30 am

Ahdora wrote:I was thinking about this some more and had another idea.

I'm picturing that once you're eaten, the raid party has to travel down the throat to get to the next "chamber". Your throat uses peristalsis to move food, right? So you're looking down this dark, fleshy, pulsating tunnel. And since things are moving, the raid has to time its jumps just right to move downward, avoiding spots of sticky phlegm that slow movement speed, and pools of acid that deal like 50% health damage upon contact.

Furthermore, if the raid fails to move somewhat in unison (i.e., some raid members get too many "jumps" behind the rest), this sets off a reflux reaction from the beast that ate you, shooting sprays of acid upward at regular intervals until the throat is cleared. This acid must be avoided completely, as it is insta-death.

OOOHHH I like that!! Even better than beating mobs and avoiding acid! :twisted:
#ChallengeIsEverything

Return to “Raid Discussion”