Questions for #ChallengeIsEverything cast

Discuss Sacrament's official lore, post your own, or collaborate with fellow players!
Check
Community Team

Questions for #ChallengeIsEverything cast

Postby Check » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Hey folks, just popping in and making a thread for you guys to list any questions/concerns you have with the Lore in the game that could be explained in either further detail or you would be more comfortable having explained live and not via text.

In our up and coming casts i'm going to try and convince more founders/devs/volunteers as a whole to join Isyldra and I during the Bi-Weekly casts we do going over the new information that is given publicly and our views/random nonsense we tag along with it. I myself apply lots of extra salt to things.

The first member of the team willing to come aboard and set some things straight is our local loremaster, so we are looking for questions to ping him with during the cast. I personally have very little care in the lore of games so he should provide much better insight on it as a whole, and it will be an awesome chance to both meet and get a much deeper look into their dream behind this project, other then Layenem that has his own cast, we don't need to enter such a dark and scary place.

The casts are run Bi-Weekly at 8:30 p.m est on Mondays, but the cast that will have the interview with Doctor Lore will have to be scheduled at a different time because of conflicting schedules, the exact Date/Time of that cast hasn't been decided. I will edit this post with the exact date, when i have it nailed down.
#DualShields
The Left Sayian

Re: Questions for #ChallengeIsEverything cast

Postby The Left Sayian » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Is their a set release date for this game and if so where would the game be available for download
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:09 pm

The Left Sayian wrote:Is their a set release date for this game and if so where would the game be available for download

Check I'm just gonna jump in and steal this question, won't happen again, please don't hurt me...

For right now there isn't a set release date, we're guessing for a release in about 4-5 years since Sacrament is in very early development. I personally don't know how we would distribute it whether that be on Steam or on the site here through some payment method, I can't say for sure. If someone actually knows please say so, but to my knowledge we don't have that nailed down yet.

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything
Check
Community Team

Postby Check » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:12 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:
The Left Sayian wrote:Is their a set release date for this game and if so where would the game be available for download

Check I'm just gonna jump in and steal this question, won't happen again, please don't hurt me...

For right now there isn't a set release date, we're guessing for a release in about 4-5 years since Sacrament is in very early development. I personally don't know how we would distribute it whether that be on Steam or on the site here through some payment method, I can't say for sure. If someone actually knows please say so, but to my knowledge we don't have that nailed down yet.

*slaps wrist* How dare you steal my question!
#DualShields
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:19 am

Check wrote:
SeriousBaconDever wrote:

*slaps wrist* How dare you steal my question!

I had a friend literally ask the same question right before I read this so I already was thinking about it so I was just like, well might as well.

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Mairaed
Community Team

Postby Mairaed » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:52 am

I know the races are divided into 3 different zones or regions. I assume the "starting zones" will correspond with that. Will each race have their own area? Will there be "story quests" that give more details about the lore and background of the races? How will the lore and culture of the various races be played out in the actual gameplay? Will there be race/culture specific "looks" to gear?

Will the background of the different races and their cultural beliefs impact interactions within the game? Like will certain races not be able to speak to others or be enemies due to feuds? I know there will be faction rep grinding with various npc's, but will you be able to impact your "rep" with other players of enemy races? How will your chosen God impact this?
Wykkyd
Founder
Founder

Postby Wykkyd » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:46 pm

Mairaed wrote:I know the races are divided into 3 different zones or regions. I assume the "starting zones" will correspond with that. Will each race have their own area? Will there be "story quests" that give more details about the lore and background of the races? How will the lore and culture of the various races be played out in the actual gameplay? Will there be race/culture specific "looks" to gear?

Will the background of the different races and their cultural beliefs impact interactions within the game? Like will certain races not be able to speak to others or be enemies due to feuds? I know there will be faction rep grinding with various npc's, but will you be able to impact your "rep" with other players of enemy races? How will your chosen God impact this?

We are working on the social, architectural, musical and artistic qualities of each race. Everything we do, design-wise, will have a purpose. We're even taking this tact for simple things like city & village structure, street patterns (if any), paving style (if any), how they do or don't protect travelers, etc etc.
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Wykkyd wrote:
Mairaed wrote:I know the races are divided into 3 different zones or regions. I assume the "starting zones" will correspond with that. Will each race have their own area? Will there be "story quests" that give more details about the lore and background of the races? How will the lore and culture of the various races be played out in the actual gameplay? Will there be race/culture specific "looks" to gear?

We are working on the social, architectural, musical and artistic qualities of each race. Everything we do, design-wise, will have a purpose. We're even taking this tact for simple things like city & village structure, street patterns (if any), paving style (if any), how they do or don't protect travelers, etc etc.

Look Check! I didn't steal that one!!

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:22 pm

Serviceyzq wrote:Well it seems pretty even from here.

Are there lore pages for each faction that is going to par-take? If so, could you link them please

If you mean each god faction, then here they are http://sacramentgame.com/legionlore.html
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Return to “Lore Discussion”