World Map

Discuss Sacrament's official lore, post your own, or collaborate with fellow players!
SawJacksoul

Re: World Map

Postby SawJacksoul » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Vamos hablar espanol lol
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Ahdora wrote:I promise, I'm good on English! I was a professional editor for a couple years. :)

If you don't agree with my assessment of all similes being metaphors, take Grammarly's info on it. (By the by, this is just meant to be a discussion, as I LOVE the English language. I find it fascinating. Just ask Layenem how many times I've bored him to tears with random language facts, LOL!)

No kidding? That's pretty cool, what did you work on? And don't worry I do, I made sure to Google it just to double check myself and I agree with that assessment.

Also I can believe that. I can't see Layenem sitting there and quietly listening to anyone talk about language lol.

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:47 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:
Ahdora wrote:I promise, I'm good on English! I was a professional editor for a couple years. :)

If you don't agree with my assessment of all similes being metaphors, take Grammarly's info on it. (By the by, this is just meant to be a discussion, as I LOVE the English language. I find it fascinating. Just ask Layenem how many times I've bored him to tears with random language facts, LOL!)

No kidding? That's pretty cool, what did you work on? And don't worry I do, I made sure to Google it just to double check myself and I agree with that assessment.

Also I can believe that. I can't see Layenem sitting there and quietly listening to anyone talk about language lol.

You might be surprised! I've been teaching him all about grammar and such, as he hired me to edit his book. Which I still haven't finished. *cough* Anyway...

I managed a team of writers for a remote company that I cannot name. (NDA, sorry! Makes me feel like some super secret agent, but I do take those seriously :lol: )

In addition to that, I did freelance editing work for a few dozen private clients. :) It was extremely rewarding work. It's always nice to truly enjoy your work.
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:52 pm

This book better be leather bound lol, I want one... And I get the freelance work. I actually did freelance level design for two years before I signed up here. It was always fun and you get to learn more and more, but it's always nice to have something to hold you down.

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:58 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:This book better be leather bound lol, I want one... And I get the freelance work. I actually did freelance level design for two years before I signed up here. It was always fun and you get to learn more and more, but it's always nice to have something to hold you down.

You do NOT want a copy of my book. She hasn't finished editing it because she doesn't want me to be disappointed when the only three people who buy it shit all over it lol
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Layenem wrote:
SeriousBaconDever wrote:This book better be leather bound lol, I want one... And I get the freelance work. I actually did freelance level design for two years before I signed up here. It was always fun and you get to learn more and more, but it's always nice to have something to hold you down.

You do NOT want a copy of my book. She hasn't finished editing it because she doesn't want me to be disappointed when the only three people who buy it shit all over it lol

I'm sure it's not that bad English Jr.

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:07 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:
Layenem wrote:

I'm sure it's not that bad English Jr.

He's silly.

It's quite good.
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
Check
Community Team

Postby Check » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Layenem wrote:

I can confirm Lay's book is better than even 4 ply. I'll take the left overs to wipe for the next year please.
#DualShields
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Check wrote:
Layenem wrote:

I can confirm Lay's book is better than even 4 ply. I'll take the left overs to wipe for the next year please.

I mean, where else are you gonna read it amiright?

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:15 pm

LOL I am far from earning the title "English" ANYTHING hahaha

While Ahdora has taught me far more than I did in High School I still have a lot of ground to break...

4 ply lol... PLEASE tell me that's not a thing... you might as well wipe with a sock haha
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard

Return to “Lore Discussion”