World Map

Discuss Sacrament's official lore, post your own, or collaborate with fellow players!
Aggelos
Community Team

World Map

Postby Aggelos » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Oh great and mighty Lore Master! Harken to my prayer.

Is there a chance in the future we can get a world map to ogle and perhaps get made into wallpaper for my office?
Aggelos
Director of Community Relations, Ferocity Unbound Core Studios, LLC.
Founder of The Dungeon Crawler Network
Dungeon Crawler Network|Youtube|Twitter
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Re: World Map

Postby Ahdora » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:07 pm

Oh it's coming! Just not sure exactly WHEN. Hehe

Concepts are being worked on
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:06 pm

We have our outline but it looks like a bunch of 8 year olds raged against the machine with crayons lol

LF cartographer to help us convert it :)
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
Aggelos
Community Team

Postby Aggelos » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:26 am

Layenem wrote:We have our outline but it looks like a bunch of 8 year olds raged against the machine with crayons lol

LF cartographer to help us convert it :)

I will keep my eyes open for anyone with that talent.
Aggelos
Director of Community Relations, Ferocity Unbound Core Studios, LLC.
Founder of The Dungeon Crawler Network
Dungeon Crawler Network|Youtube|Twitter
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:22 am

If you choose the extra special backer status on KS you get the original concept for the map that Layenem's kids drew

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:06 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:If you choose the extra special backer status on KS you get the original concept for the map that Layenem's kids drew

Wykkyd drew it... I painted it... it was pretty good until I painted it hahaha

Keep in mind when I say "painted" what I mean is it looks like two angry nuns tried to bless the page with broken crayons to purge the evil...
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Layenem wrote:
SeriousBaconDever wrote:If you choose the extra special backer status on KS you get the original concept for the map that Layenem's kids drew

Keep in mind when I say "painted" what I mean is it looks like two angry nuns tried to bless the page with broken crayons to purge the evil...

That's the best simile I've ever heard. And its a simile not a metaphor. And who says I don't know grammar? *LAYENEM!!!*

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:30 am

SeriousBaconDever wrote:
Layenem wrote:

That's the best simile I've ever heard. And its a simile not a metaphor. And who says I don't know grammar? *LAYENEM!!!*

Well, if you want to be technical... all similes ARE metaphors. They're just a slightly more specific type of comparison. All metaphors are not similes, however.

Signed,

Grammar Queen
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:47 am

Ahdora wrote:Well, if you want to be technical... all similes ARE metaphors. They're just a slightly more specific type of comparison. All metaphors are not similes, however.

Signed,

Grammar Queen

You wanna fight bruh? (jk :lol: ) but being slightly more serious, a simile is a comparison using comparing words such as 'like' or 'as' while juxtaposed to a metaphor which is lightly different with it's definition of a comparison without using comparison words and instead using words like 'than'. For example, a metaphor would be something like, "Layenem is a pig when he eats." This is comparing both Layenem and the pig to when they eat, without using a comparing term, like that you use with a simile. It compares the two of them to one thing, both Layenem and the pig, look like pigs when they eat.The simile of that same sentence would be, "Layenem is like a pig is when he eats." This one compares one thing to another. So it's comparing Layenem to being like a pig, when he eats. And true that. Not the part about Layenem, the part about similes and metaphors that you said lol
And here I am teaching English...

Sizzle on bros!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:09 am

SeriousBaconDever wrote:
Ahdora wrote:Well, if you want to be technical... all similes ARE metaphors. They're just a slightly more specific type of comparison. All metaphors are not similes, however.

Signed,

Grammar Queen

You wanna fight bruh? (jk :lol: ) but being slightly more serious, a simile is a comparison using comparing words such as 'like' or 'as' while juxtaposed to a metaphor which is lightly different with it's definition of a comparison without using comparison words and instead using words like 'than'. For example, a metaphor would be something like, "Layenem is a pig when he eats." This is comparing both Layenem and the pig to when they eat, without using a comparing term, like that you use with a simile. It compares the two of them to one thing, both Layenem and the pig, look like pigs when they eat.The simile of that same sentence would be, "Layenem is like a pig is when he eats." This one compares one thing to another. So it's comparing Layenem to being like a pig, when he eats. And true that. Not the part about Layenem, the part about similes and metaphors that you said lol
And here I am teaching English...

:lol:

I promise, I'm good on English! I was a professional editor for a couple years. :)

If you don't agree with my assessment of all similes being metaphors, take Grammarly's info on it. (By the by, this is just meant to be a discussion, as I LOVE the English language. I find it fascinating. Just ask Layenem how many times I've bored him to tears with random language facts, LOL!)

http://www.grammarly.com/blog/2015/what ... -metaphor/
Co-Founder

Return to “Lore Discussion”