The Gods

Discuss Sacrament's official lore, post your own, or collaborate with fellow players!
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Re: The Gods

Postby Layenem » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:04 pm

SawJacksoul wrote:...I was asking if gods will literally communicate with players?[/color]

If you're talking about an NPC script to randomly reach out the players, no. That's stupid lol

What would they say? How could that NOT cause many problems? How would we even begin to organize the feature to understand who to target and for what reason?

If they reach out it will be GM driven and with a purpose. Think "In game DM/GM TTRPG style interaction... kind of"
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Layenem wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:...I was asking if gods will literally communicate with players?[/color]

If you're talking about an NPC script to randomly reach out the players, no. That's stupid lol

What would they say? How could that NOT cause many problems? How would we even begin to organize the feature to understand who to target and for what reason?

If they reach out it will be GM driven and with a purpose. Think "In game DM/GM TTRPG style interaction... kind of"

Hey I was just assuming no job was too large for Ferocity Unbound :lol: Although since you said it'll be GM driven that does make it simpler and have more purpose.

Although another question I have that I may know the answer to but like getting solid answers before I assume things, is you said that the GMs will be the ones to reach out. Does that possibly imply that they could reach out to players in a way that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with them descending down to do battle?
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:15 am

SawJacksoul wrote:
Layenem wrote:

Hey I was just assuming no job was too large for Ferocity Unbound :lol: Although since you said it'll be GM driven that does make it simpler and have more purpose.

Although another question I have that I may know the answer to but like getting solid answers before I assume things, is you said that the GMs will be the ones to reach out. Does that possibly imply that they could reach out to players in a way that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with them descending down to do battle?

Example?
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:59 am

Layenem wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:
Layenem wrote:

Example?

It could be literally anything from just saying to everyone in the faction like "hey good job everyone keep up the work" to giving out the details of some faction related event coming up. Just anything that isn't about the mass battles. Maybe even visit in a corporeal form
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:11 am

SawJacksoul wrote:
Layenem wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:

Example?

It could be literally anything from just saying to everyone in the faction like "hey good job everyone keep up the work" to giving out the details of some faction related event coming up. Just anything that isn't about the mass battles. Maybe even visit in a corporeal form

We shall all find out together!
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

Txbongo

Gods pt2

Postby Txbongo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:43 am

So many locked topics... Anyways my question is with these gods roaming, if someone were to encounter a god lets say Rathar. "there is a legend that those who meet a traveler on the road may actually have met death himself. " Is there a possibility by getting their blessing and reading into their words during the conversation that we can get a hidden quest? If GM's are in charge of the gods then the buff will go to those who are deemed respectful or those who know the lore and catch on that this Player is a god in disguise. For example if I meet my God and through the power of "RP" or simple respectful chat we part ways but I receive a 2 minute buff "Gods Blessing" With in that time I remember that he talked about a fisherman that has served him Faithfully for many years. I know where the NPC is and have talked to him before but now that I have the blessing I speak to him again and the dialog is different. Thus starting me on a hidden quest line. I understand that quests will not be so Obvious to find or realize that you are on one but if there's a buff maybe more people will stop and chat with random people around the world. Also it will be a special gift for those to research the lore and aren't rude :D Forgive me for posting it in the wrong spot, I am not sure if it goes under lore but I did quote the lore so yeah... Thanks for reading :geek:
SawJacksoul

Re: Gods pt2

Postby SawJacksoul » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Txbongo wrote:So many locked topics... Anyways my question is with these gods roaming, if someone were to encounter a god lets say Rathar. "there is a legend that those who meet a traveler on the road may actually have met death himself. " Is there a possibility by getting their blessing and reading into their words during the conversation that we can get a hidden quest? If GM's are in charge of the gods then the buff will go to those who are deemed respectful or those who know the lore and catch on that this Player is a god in disguise. For example if I meet my God and through the power of "RP" or simple respectful chat we part ways but I receive a 2 minute buff "Gods Blessing" With in that time I remember that he talked about a fisherman that has served him Faithfully for many years. I know where the NPC is and have talked to him before but now that I have the blessing I speak to him again and the dialog is different. Thus starting me on a hidden quest line. I understand that quests will not be so Obvious to find or realize that you are on one but if there's a buff maybe more people will stop and chat with random people around the world. Also it will be a special gift for those to research the lore and aren't rude :D Forgive me for posting it in the wrong spot, I am not sure if it goes under lore but I did quote the lore so yeah... Thanks for reading :geek:

You should find the majority that are still relevant open now. As for your questions, I'm sure Layenem will be around shortly to answer far better than I ever could :D
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Layenem
Founder
Founder

Re: Gods pt2

Postby Layenem » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Txbongo wrote:So many locked topics... Anyways my question is with these gods roaming, if someone were to encounter a god lets say Rathar. "there is a legend that those who meet a traveler on the road may actually have met death himself. "

>>>>>> Is there a possibility by getting their blessing and reading into their words during the conversation that we can get a hidden quest? <<<<<<<

If GM's are in charge of the gods then the buff will go to those who are deemed respectful or those who know the lore and catch on that this Player is a god in disguise. For example if I meet my God and through the power of "RP" or simple respectful chat we part ways but I receive a 2 minute buff "Gods Blessing" With in that time I remember that he talked about a fisherman that has served him Faithfully for many years. I know where the NPC is and have talked to him before but now that I have the blessing I speak to him again and the dialog is different. Thus starting me on a hidden quest line. I understand that quests will not be so Obvious to find or realize that you are on one but if there's a buff maybe more people will stop and chat with random people around the world. Also it will be a special gift for those to research the lore and aren't rude :D Forgive me for posting it in the wrong spot, I am not sure if it goes under lore but I did quote the lore so yeah... Thanks for reading :geek:

1) Make a new topic, homie lol (unless, for some reason, you can't... then let me know because you should be able to...)

2) WILL YOU PLEASE BREAK THIS SHIT UP SO IT'S EASIER TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE QUESTION IS!? lmfao (please see how I separated your text lol - ignore the ">>>>>" as I was trying to make it obvious :P)

3) Yes. Absolutely. GMs won't JUST walk around for the fun of it, and many quests within the game will have unique circumstances that must be met in order to unlock access to them. Sometimes that's needing an NPC to be at a set location doing a specific thing at a specific time... sometimes it's having a close conversation with the God of Death!
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

Return to “Lore Discussion”