Some Questions

Discuss computer builds, specs, compare hardware, etc.
Neosolidus

Re: Some Questions

Postby Neosolidus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Here are a couple of point from an outsider point of view.

Currently they are designing the fly over with UE4 to be honest i doubt thats the engine they will keep, without a definitive engine as the core of the game it is impossible to even guess what it might even look like.

The most descriptive they could get is "we hope it looks gorgeous". anything more than that and they are just blowing smoke up your rear because you can't know how fast a chasis of a car will go without the engion that runs it, sure you can build a mathematical model once you know the details of the engine but not before.
Is not that I try to be mean, I just don't care to "baby" people's feelings
Wykkyd
Founder
Founder

Postby Wykkyd » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Neosolidus wrote:Here are a couple of point from an outsider point of view.

Currently they are designing the fly over with UE4 to be honest i doubt thats the engine they will keep, without a definitive engine as the core of the game it is impossible to even guess what it might even look like.

The most descriptive they could get is "we hope it looks gorgeous". anything more than that and they are just blowing smoke up your rear because you can't know how fast a chasis of a car will go without the engion that runs it, sure you can build a mathematical model once you know the details of the engine but not before.

I'm going to jump in here right now and make something clear:

If we stray from UE4 it will be for one of two reasons:

1 - We found something far superior in graphic quality & performance and went there for THAT reason

2 - We found a realistic, high graphic voxel solution that fit our needs

Otherwise this game will be Unreal Engine all the way.
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 am

Wykkyd wrote:
Neosolidus wrote:Here are a couple of point from an outsider point of view.

I'm going to jump in here right now and make something clear:

If we stray from UE4 it will be for one of two reasons:

1 - We found something far superior in graphic quality & performance and went there for THAT reason

2 - We found a realistic, high graphic voxel solution that fit our needs

Otherwise this game will be Unreal Engine all the way.

Yeah I personally don't see us straying from the Unreal Engine 4 any time soon. And about everyone asking for a general estimate from us devs I still gotta stay standing on what I said about it's too early. Since we're this early in development, it would be extremely hard to determine what it would take in today's current PC builds and such. But we're talking about a game that our guessed time frame is in somewhere from four to five years (just a guesstimate, please don't take that to heart or quote that), and I don't have a time machine to go and see what kind of tech will be released by then and what will become standard. Like I said, once we can at least, semi accurately release information about the type of PC specs you should have to run the game, we will release something concerning this issue, but we are just way too early in development for any type of guess.

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything

Return to “Tech Talk”