PvP questions

Talk about all things PvP-related.
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Re: PvP questions

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 am

Neosolidus wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:
God damnit. This'll be like the dark days in Runescape where I stepped 5 feet out of a town safe zone and was swarmed by like 10 people. Just don't do free-for-all combat everyone. Those are dark days

Assuming the game has a decent stealth DPS or Tank class I always try to level it first to "cap" for griefing....er I mean PvP reasons. :roll:

Neo is a Minecraft griefer!! Illuminati confirmed!!!

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything
Neosolidus

Postby Neosolidus » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:00 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:

I have never played that piss poor excuse of a game but if the hat fits I will wear it with pride!
Is not that I try to be mean, I just don't care to "baby" people's feelings
SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Neosolidus wrote:
SeriousBaconDever wrote:

I have never played that piss poor excuse of a game but if the hat fits I will wear it with pride!

Honestly it's not too bad of a game, it's just it's new owners *cough* Microsoft *cough*, or at least it wasn't. Anyway, off topic mode off.

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything
Astavan

Postby Astavan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:04 am

Is it possible too loot other Player's when i killed them for Tokens or other Things?
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:25 am

Astavan wrote:Is it possible too loot other Player's when i killed them for Tokens or other Things?

Yes, you will be able to loot players when you kill them. More on that is to come in a future IR.
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:33 am

Ahdora wrote:
Astavan wrote:Is it possible too loot other Player's when i killed them for Tokens or other Things?

Yes, you will be able to loot players when you kill them. More on that is to come in a future IR.

Idk if you can answer it, but something that came to mind is 2 things. 1. Will this game have different severs? Or just one big massive one? And 2. Something Runescape does is on their non PvP servers, they have one area in the game that, no matter which server you're on, PvP is automatically enabled and danger is everywhere. Although they do have certain precautions in place so that super high levels can't camp at the border and murder noobs that immediately cross. So I was wondering if there'll be an area like that?
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:03 am

SawJacksoul wrote:
Ahdora wrote:

Idk if you can answer it, but something that came to mind is 2 things. 1. Will this game have different severs? Or just one big massive one? And 2. Something Runescape does is on their non PvP servers, they have one area in the game that, no matter which server you're on, PvP is automatically enabled and danger is everywhere. Although they do have certain precautions in place so that super high levels can't camp at the border and murder noobs that immediately cross. So I was wondering if there'll be an area like that?

Yes, there will be a free-for-all PvP area. That's all I can elaborate on it at the moment, though.

As for servers, that is up in the air. We are in talks with a company about a different kind of server technology, but we have to be close-mouthed about it for now.
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Ahdora wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:
Ahdora wrote:

Yes, there will be a free-for-all PvP area. That's all I can elaborate on it at the moment, though.

As for servers, that is up in the air. We are in talks with a company about a different kind of server technology, but we have to be close-mouthed about it for now.

I asked Layenem in the podcast although he directed me to you and idr if he answered or not, but the thought that came to my mind is perhaps section off the PvP areas. There's one general zone that is always PvP. However, the zone has different tier levels. And the tier you're in is the tier level a player can kill you at. So say you're in tier 8. You can't kill anyone that's any lower than the tier 8 zone. Same goes for you. Tier 17 players can't kill you until you step into the tier 17, and higher, PvP area. So just to make sure the point is across, if you're in tier 3, you're safe from higher tier players as long as you stay in the tier 3 zone or lower. And the higher tiers you go, the more access people will have to kill you. Move up to tier 4 zone then tier 4 players can kill you then the same with 5 and 6 and so on. So will there be a system like this and if not I think it's a very efficient system in my own opinion
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Layenem
Founder
Founder

Postby Layenem » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:57 am

Our design is an open and moving world. There are tier zones WITHIN tier zones so the layout above won't work.
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
MarwinDexter

Postby MarwinDexter » Thu May 05, 2016 2:06 pm

It is really important to have servers who caters to PvE / PvP player, because we want totally diffrent things when we play.
Warhammer online and Aion must be the best pvp games i have everyplayed in my life.
I would love to see Warhammer online alike world pvp, while i want arenas, 1v1/2vs2/3v3. 1VS1 arena because i dont care if it is unbalanced or not, i want a place where i can alone train my skills in pvp for some kind of small reward, even if it is just raiting. battlegrounds are fun, but world pvp with objectives is the most fun of it all.
It is really important to have world pvp where people need to do it for something, if you only have the option, but you wont get anything out of it, then people will just not do it. Rewards!
I know i say look at Warhammer online, over and over again, but to be fair, they really nailed the pvp aspect, every tier had some kind of pvp, if it was hold some point, capture points, controll keep ( attack/defend ) with ballistas, cannons, and drop oil on the ppl who try to destroy the door on the keep, had Witch Hunters/Witch Elfs ( assassin/rogue class ) who had a skill so you could bypass a backdoor and enter the keep and ambush the enemys. any way i talk to much. But i just trying to say, every tier, had 1 place where pvp where at thing. They had something called " Warcamp " it is kinda of a PvP hub, then you could take repeat quest there, go out and dp the world pvp objectives and then go and collect your reward. then there were also normal quest hubs ofc.
Anyhow, Warhammer is the best pvp game, if you can check it out, do it!

Return to “PvP Discussion”