PvP questions

Talk about all things PvP-related.
SawJacksoul

Re: PvP questions

Postby SawJacksoul » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Ahdora wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:Will PvP be tier based? Like only people in tier 1-5 can fight each other and 10-15 only fight each other?

Without going into too much detail, all I can really say is that in some cases, yes, and in some cases, no. :lol:

I think I can get a rough idea of how it'll be from that
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

SeriousBaconDever
Development Team

Postby SeriousBaconDever » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:07 pm

SawJacksoul wrote:
Ahdora wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:Will PvP be tier based? Like only people in tier 1-5 can fight each other and 10-15 only fight each other?

Without going into too much detail, all I can really say is that in some cases, yes, and in some cases, no. :lol:

You'll just have to wait and see ;)

Sizzle on bros!

I love working on Sacrament. Please don't fire me...

#ChallengeIsEverything
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:48 pm

SeriousBaconDever wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:

You'll just have to wait and see ;)

No shit. No fucking shit. But I can get my own idea
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 am

Watching talk about the XP rezzing and all that shit, it makes me wonder, for PvP, is it free combat in all areas? So you're constantly under threat of attack by players? Or do you have to be requested to 1v1 or team duel? Are there designated arenas that are the only place for PvP? And concluding these fights, will the loser still experience a normal death? In Runescape for their PvP minigames, they have safe and dangerous versions of everything. In safe versions, there is no penalty for dying at all. But in dangerous you lose everything on death and it can be collected by the other player, which is a great way to make profit. Risky but rewarding
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:35 am

SawJacksoul wrote:Watching talk about the XP rezzing and all that shit, it makes me wonder, for PvP, is it free combat in all areas? So you're constantly under threat of attack by players? Or do you have to be requested to 1v1 or team duel? Are there designated arenas that are the only place for PvP? And concluding these fights, will the loser still experience a normal death? In Runescape for their PvP minigames, they have safe and dangerous versions of everything. In safe versions, there is no penalty for dying at all. But in dangerous you lose everything on death and it can be collected by the other player, which is a great way to make profit. Risky but rewarding

All of the above. :lol:

Death penalties haven't quite been nailed down yet, but I believe they will be, and info released about them, in IR27. First of the PvP info is coming in IR14 and while it FARRRR from covers everything, it will sate your curiosity.. a little.

We have a VERY good reason for being mum on the PvP stuff, I PROMISE!
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 am

Ahdora wrote:
SawJacksoul wrote:Watching talk about the XP rezzing and all that shit, it makes me wonder, for PvP, is it free combat in all areas? So you're constantly under threat of attack by players? Or do you have to be requested to 1v1 or team duel? Are there designated arenas that are the only place for PvP? And concluding these fights, will the loser still experience a normal death? In Runescape for their PvP minigames, they have safe and dangerous versions of everything. In safe versions, there is no penalty for dying at all. But in dangerous you lose everything on death and it can be collected by the other player, which is a great way to make profit. Risky but rewarding

Death penalties haven't quite been nailed down yet, but I believe they will be, and info released about them, in IR27. First of the PvP info is coming in IR14 and while it FARRRR from covers everything, it will sate your curiosity.. a little.

God damnit. This'll be like the dark days in Runescape where I stepped 5 feet out of a town safe zone and was swarmed by like 10 people. Just don't do free-for-all combat everyone. Those are dark days
Last edited by SawJacksoul on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:39 am

SawJacksoul wrote:
Ahdora wrote:

God damnit. This'll be like the dark days in Runescape where I stepped 5 feet out of a town safe zone and was swarmed by like 10 people

Only sometimes.

GOD it's fucking killing me to not talk about our PvP system. It FUCKING ROCKS. And I'm not just saying that because I had a large hand in designing it. It really does just... fucking rock.
Co-Founder

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game." ~Voltaire
Ahdora
Founder
Founder

Postby Ahdora » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:40 am

Oh and SawJack, since you like being the best at everything? There are aspects of our PvP system that you're gonna LOVE. ;)
Co-Founder

SawJacksoul

Postby SawJacksoul » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:42 am

Ahdora wrote:Oh and SawJack, since you like being the best at everything? There are aspects of our PvP system that you're gonna LOVE. ;)

Oh good. I'm sure I will. I'm sure there's lots of it I'll like. Including WHIPPING OUT MY GREATSWORD! AND RAMMING IT UP SOME ASSES
~Best regards,
SawJacksoul

Neosolidus

Postby Neosolidus » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:53 pm

SawJacksoul wrote:
God damnit. This'll be like the dark days in Runescape where I stepped 5 feet out of a town safe zone and was swarmed by like 10 people. Just don't do free-for-all combat everyone. Those are dark days

Assuming the game has a decent stealth DPS or Tank class I always try to level it first to "cap" for griefing....er I mean PvP reasons. :roll:
Is not that I try to be mean, I just don't care to "baby" people's feelings

Return to “PvP Discussion”