HAPPY NEW YEAR

As new information is released you can find it here.

Moderator: Steeldeal

Layenem
Founder
Founder

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Postby Layenem » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:59 pm

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE!!!

Layenem here!

So here we are... 2016! Roughly 6 months after our first announcement and going strong.

Our team has grown nearly four times since then and we're always looking for programmers and developers *hint hint* :)

So what have we done? Well we've done more in some regards and less in others than we wanted to do but here is our list (even the bad):

2015:

- Publicly released the general idea for our game (and continuing, more detailed updates every other week)
- Refined our lore
- Began working on our concept artwork for the creatures and world
- Organized and established the foundation for each of our teams (lore writers, concept artists, content developers, etc...)
- FAILED to produce a Flyover Video (told you... honest)
- Brought in 30+ talented and qualified individuals into this project (all volunteer at this point)

2016:

- Flyover Video
- KickStarter
- Continue to release IRs
- Begin development production on the game as a whole (and not just the Flyover locations)
- Finalize all of our systems
- In-house testing/streaming (yes, we plan on streaming what we are doing so you guys can see it all)

Outlook:

While we began to put together the Flyover Video in late June we absolutely failed to finalize it in our desired timeline. What does that mean? Well... it clearly meant there were communication issues that needed to be resolved and immediately if we expect to actually make a video game. The Founders have made it clear from the start that we have no idea HOW to program so we'd be relying on outside sources to come in and help us out with that. Honestly, I prefer that challenge vs not being sure what we are making.

The real problem was that the resource being used to create the Flyover Video was causing a lot of issues for the developer and we have resolved that by finding a resource that is rather incredible. That means that we need a bit more time to make the video now but with the previous failures involved we now know that the problem that hindered us doesn't exist anymore. You won't hear me attempt to give too much tech talk because, quite honestly, I'm not in the habit of insulting people with terms I don't fully understand.

As much as I want to add "small Alpha testing" to the 2016 list I don't know that we'll have that ready for what is required of an alpha. There are plans for stand alone "Combat Rooms" where players can download and help us test the combat mechanics as they become available for testing and I would love to have that ready for people this year as well but in order to make that type of a commitment we have to have the developers to do it and we currently don't.

The beauty in all of this is that until we're ready to roll we refuse to accept a DIME from anyone (though our Webmaster did donate $5 to ensure that the donation systems in place worked lol... but she got a better deal in the end :P) until we are ready to roll! We're slowly and surely moving in that direction! Especially after standing in my kitchen in the still of night while the rest of my house slept and realizing that no matter what, no matter how long, no matter what I would need to learn that this game is going to happen. Nothing is going to stop it... even if I need to learn all of the languages and program the entire thing myself (though I imagine that would take a LOT more time than having a qualified staff to do so).

For those of you that took the time to read this I want to say, on behalf of the Founders and all of our Staff:

Thank you! Knowing there are others out there that want this to happen is amazing!

NOW! All of that said... LET'S GET THIS THING DONE!!!

#ChallengeIsEverything
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard
Layenem
Founder
Founder

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR

Postby Layenem » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:23 pm

UPDATE!!!

The landscape for the video has been completed! We are now in the process of recording the footage!

I will keep you all up to date as we get closer to having this complete!
Co-Founder and CEO

#ChallengeIsEverything

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Elbert Hubbard

Return to “News & Announcements”